Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sometimes You Just Gotta Let Go...

So the last few days I've been feeling like a slave. A slave to my house, a slave to my children, a slave to our animals, just a plain old slave. Todd's been working like a dog this week so we haven't been able to see much of him, which doesn't help. I fold a load of laundry and before I get it all put away another load needs to be put in. I spend an hour making a healthy, delicious meal and my kiddos decide tonight they don't like chicken, zucchini, and roasted potatoes. What happenes?? My babies are whining for something else and I try not to cry as I sit at my table and eat by myself as the cat picks at the dinner Kamrynn so sweetly threw on the floor. I think to myself, "I guess that means I get to mop the floor for the eleventh time today." Sigh....

Taylor was just into everything yesterday! Paint, floss, markers, nail polish, water...everything! I was super frustrated yesterday but woke up today with a new outlook! Today I decided if I can't beat em, join em!! So, we redecorated the house with Taylor's newest creations. Her beautiful drawings are hanging all over the doors, the walls, the furniture, the fridge.  I realize sometimes you just gotta let go, take a break from being just a caretaker, and have some fun with your kiddos!! 









Erin

3 comments:

  1. Love you! You're such a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tough day! Looks like a fun follow-up day though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great attitude. I have those days where I just feel like I can't do it anymore... and when there's no hubby home to help, it's so hard to get through. Way to wake up with a new attitude!!

    By the way, my husband is named Todd also!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Your comments make our day!